Saturday, June 12, 2010

Couch to 5k

Happy Saturday! This week just flew right on by. Not alot planned, but sometimes that is a good thing. Last night we watched "Requiem for a Dream" and I was really weirded out. I like weird movies, like "Hostel" or "Saw" so I did like it, but it made you think. Today Matt is helping some friends with their floors, since he is a PRO! I am going to clean house, spend some time with the dogs, and I am going to start my Couch to 5K program today.
Couch to 5k is a program on coolrunning.com where couch potatos (Me) can start off gradually and work their way off to being able to run 5 miles in a 9 week period. I really like the idea of it because as I said before, I really want to be a runner, but running always hurts me and I get tired way too quickly, as in after one minute. I don't think this is solely because I am so out of shape, because whenever I was going to the gym all the time I couldn't ever run more than a minute.
So, I start today and here is my schedule.. The whole first week looks pretty much like this and I will be back tonight to post how it went..
Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
Have a great Saturday!

0 comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila